Connoisseurs Choice. An old Glen Keith from the 60s with the Map label.
A comparatively modern distillery, Glen Keith (also known as Glen Keith-Glenlivet and Glenkeith) was established in Keith, Banffshire in 1957 by Chivas Brothers, a subsidiary of Seagram, with construction finishing in 1960. Glen Keith originally practised triple-distillation, which was very unusual for a Scotch whisky, and even more so for a Speyside. Two more stills were added to the original three in 1970, at which time the change to double distillation was made. The new stills were the first in Scotland to be gas-fired.
In 1980 Glen Keith was updated, with a microprocessor installed to control nearly all aspects of production. A sixth still was added in 1983. Glen Keith was mothballed in 1999 and shortly afterwards, in 2001, Chivas Brothers was sold by Seagram to Pernod Ricard, who have not re-opened it.
40% ABV / 75cl
Please note condition of carton.
Please examine all images of the lot, any packaging and labels carefully and satisfy yourself as to their condition before making a bid.