Designed in 1898 by Charles Doig, who was an architect in Elgin and also designed several other Speyside distilleries. The distillery has had several extensions during its history and several silent periods.
Benromach distillery then had a final closure in 1983 when all the distillation equipment was removed. In 1993 Gordon & Macphail reopened the distillery and production commenced in 1998.
Bottled to celebrate the distillery's centenary, this 17-year-old Benromach spent its final two years in sherry casks dating from 1886, 1895 and 1901 before bottling by Gordon & Macphail.
Only 3500 bottles were produced, wrapped in a label depicting the opening of the distillery.
43% ABV / 70cl
Bottle Number: 416 / 3500
Please note minor wear to label
Please examine all images of the lot, any packaging and labels carefully and satisfy yourself as to their condition before making a bid.