Designed in 1898 by Charles Doig, who was an architect in Elgin and also designed several other Speyside distilleries. The distillery has had several extensions during its history and several silent periods. Benromach distillery then had a final closure in 1983 when all the distillation equipment was removed.
In 1993 Gordon & MacPhail reopened the distillery and production commenced in 1998.
This expression has been finished for 12 months in Monastrell wine casks.
Bottled: November 2008
Cask Type: Finished in Monastrell Wine Casks
45% ABV / 70cl
Bottle Number: One of only 920 bottles released