Launched in 1879 by Gordon Graham & Co. this powerful blend once contained whisky from all seven distilleries on Islay. Owned by Burns Stewart the blend originally drew its name from the black German glass that the bottle was made from. This was changed to green however after the outbreak of the First World War. Now back in black the blend has shifted focus from Islay but retains its peaty core.
Burn Stewart unveiled the new design and recipe back in 2013, saying that the new recipe was more in keeping with the original black bottle shape and blend recipe was truer to its North East roots.
40% ABV / 70cl
Please examine all images of the lot, any packaging and labels carefully and satisfy yourself as to their condition before making a bid.