Captain Robert Barclay, who was the first man to walk 1000 miles in 1000 hours, built Glenury Royal in Stonehaven, south of Aberdeen. The first spirit flowed from the distillery on January 5th 1833.
Barclay was the local Member of Parliament and it was through his friend 'Mr. Windsor' that the distillery was granted the right to use the Royal suffix by King George IV.
The distillery was purchased by DCL in 1956 and largely rebuilt between 1965 and 1966 with the building of a new mill room, mash house and tun room, with the number of stills also doubled from two to four. It was mothballed however in 1985 and was then subsequently sold for a housing development.
The box includes a small hardback booklet on Captain Barclay.
Age: 50 years old
42.8% ABV / 70cl
Bottle Number: 342 / 498
Please examine the images of the bottle, any packaging and labels carefully and satisfy yourself as to their condition before making a bid.