Glencadam is located in the eastern Highlands. It was built in the town of Brechin in 1825 and is the last remaining distillery in what was once a thriving whisky producing area. Historically, Glencadam has formed an important part of top selling blends such as Ballantine's and Teacher's and today is the cornerstone of the Angus Dundee blended range of whisky.
Angus Dundee Distillers took over the distillery and reopened it in 2003. It had been closed by the previous owners in 2000, but everything was kept intact so that production could restart immediately whenever required. Angus Dundee soon had Glencadam running back at full capacity (approx. 1.4 million litres per year) and built a blending centre on the part of the site in 2006.
This 15 years old is currently the only one distillery bottling of single malt whisky from Glencadam and was first released in 2005. Older bottling of 70cl and 40%